Terms & Conditions
Miniature Woodworks is registered on the Isle of Man under the registration number 028165B.
By continuing to use this Website, you are indicating that you accept these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should immediately stop using the Website.
These terms and conditions may be amended by us from time to time and it is your responsibility to check these.
"We" and "our" refers to Miniature Woodworks.
"Website" refers to the website www.miniaturewoodworks.com.
"You" and "Your" refers to the person using the Website whether as a guest or as a registered user.
“Artwork/s” refers to the works of art designed and handcrafted by Miniature Woodworks on the Isle of Man.,
“Limited Edition” refers to an Artwork limited to a maximum edition run of one hundred worldwide.
The Artworks displayed on the Website are owned and sold by Miniature Woodworks.
We endeavour to source and use only the finest materials to handcraft our Artworks.
- All of our Artworks are handcrafted from solid hardwood.
- Our wood is sourced from reliable sources and is certified by the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) or the PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification).
- We carefully select our wood and try to ensure that there are no obvious flaws. However, wood by its very nature, displays endless varied markings.
- Whilst we endeavour to ensure the wood has been dried, movement in solid wood is possible. Such movements do not constitute any fault with the timber or product construction. Timber is a natural product and can move and change over time.
- Wood can absorb moisture, so take care in deciding the location of your product as this will have an effect on its lifespan. It is your responsibility to check and decide if our Artworks are suitable for the finished location.
- All our Artworks are finished with a superior blend of specially selected pure waxes, including beeswax. Because this isn't a hard finish, wax can scratch and lose its shine. You can restore the finish with periodic gentle buffing using a clean, dry, soft cloth.
- We always use a high quality art resin which is derived from museum conservation-grade materials to ensure its water-clear clarity is preserved for decades. Many resins contain a UV stabilizer to help delay the epoxy's natural yellowing process, however this alone is not enough to prevent yellowing from happening. The resin we use contains both a UV stabilizer as well as an advanced additive called HALS (hindered amine light stabilizer) that interrupts the yellowing process before it can begin. Whilst there is no guarantee that it will never yellow, it is claimed that the epoxy resin we use is engineered to offer the most efficient yellowing protection on the market. As exposure to UV light can contribute towards yellowing, do not place your Artwork in direct sunlight.
We endeavour to source the highest quality products to colour our resin.
- The mica powders are 100% ethically sourced, 100% pure colour, 100% vegan friendly, 100% cosmetic grade, 100% cruelty-free and 100% natural.
- The metallic pigments offer excellent resistance to fading, do not contain lead and are solvent-free.
- The opaque pigments are non-toxic and provide a strong, intense, long-lasting colour.
- The acid-free alcohol inks are dye-based, highly transparent and are unparalleled for vibrancy. Only the most lightfast dyes have been selected for the palette.
- The solvent resistant glitter is designed for the use with resin. It is made from Aluminium Polyester film, is non-bleeding and non-particle melting and is cosmetic grade and non-toxic.
Epoxy Resin Adhesive
- We bond our resin work to the wood by using high quality epoxy resin adhesives. We endeavour to prevent adhesion failure by using epoxy resin adhesives which claim to be incredibly strong and durable.
- As our Artworks are unique and individually handcrafted, small imperfections may be present. We believe that such imperfections add to the Artworks’ authenticity, ensuring you have a genuine handcrafted item and not a generic, factory-manufactured product.
- Our Artworks are delicate and must be handled with care.
- Our Artworks come with ‘Care Instructions’.
You must follow these instructions.
- Clean with a soft, lint-free cloth.
- Do not use any chemicals or abrasives.
- Do not place in direct sunlight.
- Keep away from moisture.
- We attempt to be as accurate as possible in the description of our Artworks. However, we cannot guarantee that any descriptions are totally accurate, complete, reliable or error-free.
- Any information on the Website regarding the dimensions of our Artworks is included as a guide only.
- The images of the Artworks on the Website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we attempt to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computer's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the Artworks.
Some Artworks come with an optional stand. If this is the case, you will receive instructions on how to use the stand. You must follow these instructions.
- Insert the work of art into the stand.
- Ensure that the artwork is balanced.
- Display on a flat, stable surface.
- The design of each Artwork is part of a Limited Edition, limited to a maximum run of one hundred worldwide.
- Each Artwork is branded with our logo and comes with a Certificate of Authenticity. The Certificate of Authenticity, which is signed and dated, assures that the Artwork is an authentic and genuine piece designed and handcrafted by Miniature Woodworks on the Isle of Man. It includes a photograph of the Artwork, the name of the design series, the materials used, the approximate dimensions, the year created, the limited edition number and the unique traceable code. The unique traceable code is added to our database for future traceability.
- We will not sell Artwork beyond the full edition number.
- From time to time, we may modify or remove, either temporarily or permanently, some of the Artworks and/or services, and related features and specifications, that are displayed on or made available through the Website, or make changes to the applicable prices for any such Artwork or services, or to the circumstances in which we can modify and/or withdraw the Artworks that we may be selling through the Website, without any prior notice to you.
- All payments must be made at the time of ordering.
- We accept all major credit cards via PayPal.
- Although prices are displayed in Great British Pounds (GBP), we also support multiple currencies. Use the currency convertor in order to select American Dollars (USD), Canadian Dollars (CAD) or Euros (EUR).
- Orders are processed once payment authorisation and verification have been obtained.
Shipping and Delivery
- We aim to dispatch all orders within 2 working days.
- All Artworks are shipped from the Isle of Man.
- Mail posted to the United Kingdom is treated as first class mail and dispatched by a dedicated aircraft Monday to Friday evenings, connecting directly with Royal Mail's next day delivery network.
- Mail destined for Europe and the Rest of the World is then consolidated with Royal Mail's outgoing international mail for dispatch to the destination country.
- All delivery dates and times are approximate.
- Miniature Woodworks will not be responsible for delivery delays due to unforeseen circumstances outside our reasonable control such as delays due to severe weather, natural disasters or strikes.
- The payment of any import customs charges, duties and taxes, whether local or international, are the responsibility of the customer.
- We want you to be totally satisfied with your purchase. If, for any reason, you are not entirely happy with your purchase, please contact us within 7 days of receipt of your order. We will work with you to find a mutually agreeable solution to your concern (refund, replacement or exchange).
- If we accept a return, it is your responsibility to return the Artwork to us in perfect condition. It should be safely and securely packaged in the original packaging and the original invoice and Certificate of Authenticity should also be included.
- We strongly advise that you use an insured tracked service as we cannot be held responsible for the non-delivery of goods to our address.
- All return costs are the responsibility of you.
Copyright and Ownership
- The Website name and logo are our trademarks, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part.
- You are not permitted to copy or reproduce designs derived from the original Artwork, for distribution or sale.